1 - Purpose of This Policy
This policy gives the following information about personal data :-
- What information we collect from you;
- Where we keep it;
- Why we collect it;
- How we use it.
- How long we keep it.
- Your rights in relation to it.
2 - What Information May We Collect From You?
We may collect and process the following data about you :-
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site lonsdalenet.co.uk (our site). This includes information you provided at the time of registering to use certain elements of our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Zen, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site or via other means (e.g. telephone orders) and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- You can access the site home page and browse the site without disclosing personal information. We collect standard Internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns to help us identify things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our site and in the process of providing our advertising to other websites. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone.
- Communication and usage data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. We may also use this data for diagnostic purposes, for planning and capacity management and to assist us in the prevention or detection of faults and misuse. We do not collect the content of emails that you have sent or received or keep a record of individual web pages that you have visited.
3 - Where We Store Your Personal Data
In addition, if you place your personal information on publically available parts of our site, this will be accessible to people in countries outside of the EEA. Such countries may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those that exist within the EEA.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4 - Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways :-
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services, if you choose to do so.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are not a customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
5 - Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties :-
- In order to fulfil your order for goods or services.
- To enable us to provide maintenance, engineering or troubleshooting services to you in connection with goods or services supplied to you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Lonsdale Network Services Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Lonsdale Network Services Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6 - Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also change your preferences at any time by contacting us using the information provided on the Contact Us page.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can find out what information we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request under the Act. If we hold personal information about you we will give you a description of it, tell you why we are holding it and let you have a copy of it.
If any of the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect or needs updating, or if you want us to delete any personal information, please contact us. We may request that you provide further information and identification to enable us to comply with this request.
7 - Retention And Deletion of Your Data
We need to retain certain data to ensure that we can :-
- Comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
- Fulfil and service your contract (including working out how much we need to bill you).
- Investigate any complaints or contractual issues.
- Bring or defend any legal proceedings.
8 - Third Party Links on Our Website
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
10 - Contact
This policy was last updated on 01/08/2014.